The Tax Professionals of Grassi & Co. hosted an event on February 12th, taking a deep dive into the Tax Savings Incentives of The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
Now effective in all 50 states, Qualified Opportunity Zones are a positive tax incentive and encouraging push forward towards economic growth and development through private investment in specific low-income or disaster areas that would not otherwise see the possibility of revitalization. The new section 199A deduction on Qualified Business Income (QBI) provides a 20% deduction for all pass-through entities below specific thresholds.
- Qualified Business Income Deduction (199A) For more information on this topic contact Alice Varisano or Lisa Rispoli
- C vs. S Corp For more information on this topic contact Jeff Cohen
- Estate & Trust Changes: Estate Planning Under the New Exemption Limits For more information on this topic contact Lisa Rispoli
- Deferring taxation of capital gains by investing in a Qualified Opportunity Fund (QOF) For more information on this topic contact Raymond Haller
- Identifying opportunity zones For more information on this topic contact Raymond Haller
- How this opportunity may compete with other tax provisions